On the top 5 AI recruiting trends & 4 employee engagement mistakes
This episode of The Tea On Recruiting will describe the principal AI recruiting trends, followed by the most concerning mistakes in employee engagement. Below, you’ll be able to find the video and its transcript. Have a good time!
Hey buddy! How you doin’? Today we’ll talk about mistakes you could be making with employee engagement, and share the top 5 AI recruiting trends! Welcome back to the Tea on Recruiting, where we share insightful and thought-provoking content that can help you shape your recruiting career!
Let’s start by checking out today’s first article!
4 Mistakes Leaders Keep Making With Employee Engagement
In May 2020, employee engagement reached its peak since 2000: 38%! In June, it had dropped to 31%. We know why… After all, last year was a nightmare we wished we could have woken up from. At the end of 2020, engagement still averaged 36%, which is a pretty healthy number… but 29% of remote employees struggled with loneliness.
We read “4 Mistakes Leaders Keep Making With Employee Engagement”. Here’s what not to do to avoid messing up. DON’T:
- Require attendance at office events – give people time to do the things that matter to them. Make them interact with their colleagues freely with optional attendance for virtual hangouts.
- Forget the company purpose in your day-to-day work. Remind your employees of the company’s importance, and of how they contribute to its success.
- Micromanage. Come on, you know better than that!
- Forget to recognize employees or show that you care. 82% of employed Americans don’t feel sufficiently recognized by their employers. It’s important to say that 40% say they’d work harder if they received more recognition for their efforts. At Starred, we have a remote recognition wall in Slack. You can mention a colleague and why you’re proud of them. Among all the mentioned talent, one is voted employee of the month. And it’s a lot of fun too. Hey you in the back, did you just scream “nerd”? I do know what fun is, thank you very much.
Time for our second article!
These are the top 5 AI technology trends in recruiting
We’ve read “These are the top 5 AI technology trends in recruiting” – here’s what you should look out for:
- Programmatic job advertising. It places the right job ad, at the right time, on the right platform, to reach the right candidates.
- Recruitment marketing software. It creates an enticing job ad and builds your employer brand.
- Interview chatbots. You can use these for pre-screening and interview scheduling.
- Talent rediscovery software. It helps you screen candidates who’d earlier applied for a role, checks if they match your current openings, then contacts them on social media or via email. On top of that, it even looks for their new employment history on social media to add it to their profile in your system.
- Job aggregators. This lets you check your competitors’ listings and compare wages, benefits, and job description content.
Pretty cool, right?
Now onto the…
The more barbaric your treatment of candidates, the more demonic their posts about you.
Beware of how you use AI, folks. We found a post from someone who withdrew their candidacy for a job vacancy because they were required to complete a one-way-interview. When you draft your hiring process, don’t forget that interviews shouldn’t be one-sided at all. Your candidates should be able to get to know you better too and judge if they’d be a good fit. Also, in their case, they were worried, and rightfully so, about the way the video would be analyzed, stored, and potentially sold. I hope that while using technology you don’t lose sight of humanity.
Got something to say about this? Drop a comment below, we’d love to pick your brains. Help us get better at helping you get better: with your help!
You can get access to these episodes 48 hours before everybody else AND more earth-shattering content by subscribing to our newsletter. You’ll find it at the link below, or at starred.com/newsletter.
Thank you for watching The Tea on Recruiting. See you soon, and take care!